Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I've had the best Mother's Day weekend that started off Friday morning with a pancake breakfast. I've been asking for pancakes for months now and woke up on Friday morning to pancakes for both Hudson and I. I also was surprised with a plane ticket to see Holly in Arkansas. On Saturday we spent some time running around and then we took Hudson on his first official boat ride. I think he loved it except for having to wear a life jacket. He didn't like that so much but I have to say takes that he takes after his father when it comes to the water, and loves it. Here are some pictures of the day.





We had a great day on the water and I am sure will be doing it again soon. We spent the rest of the weekend in the back yard swimming in the pool. Hudson was really interested in helping mommy water the flowers. I think that they got a little waterlogged.


We went to church on Mother's day and all I seemed to do the entire sermon was try to not cry.
Pastor Broggi's sermon focused on The Power of a Godly Mother. I have never been more in tune with a sermon as I was with todays. It touched my heart and made me so proud to be the most important thing I can be....A MOM!!!! Hudson is truly a gift from God. As they took up the offering they showed a slide show of mothers and their children. It was at that point that I couldn't hold the tears back any longer and started crying. I think that motherhood definitely makes us a little sappier. After church we were going to meet the Stansells for lunch but Hudson was pretty tired so we came back home.



I didn't even get his clothes off before he went to sleep. We hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day. We sure did. To Nana and My Mar, Happy Mother's Day We Love You!!!


Here is a picture of Hudson last Mother's Day (only 4 weeks old)

post signature

1 comment:

Esther said...

Nice placement of the fern leaves :) Happy Mother's Day! I cry over everything too, don't feel bad, it's because you LOVE so much :)